The Catering Coordinator is a link from the Catering Manager to the Catering Staff. They should provide information as needed to help servers perform their duties. They are the supervisors helping the employees carry out proper service. This position assists the Catering Manager in overseeing and managing all catering functions for the ASM Tulsa facilities, off-site catering and other special occasions, sometimes without the manager present.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a sense of professionalism at all times with co-workers, clients, and guests.
- Assist and train the catering staff in their duties.
- Communicate instructions set forth by the Catering Manager.
- Liaison between Catering Manager and client for off-site events, while also supervising staff for set-up, service and cleanup of all events.
- Prepares and manages all catering equipment necessary for booked events.
- Keep the Catering Manager informed of changes, client requests, issues and progress of all events throughout their shift.
- Demonstrates great attention to detail when preparing for an event, executing the event, and following an event.
- Distribute tasks and duties as needed to the catering staff, making sure that the catering servers are completing tasks correctly and efficiently.
- Work alongside the servers when needed to complete all tasks while ensuring all place settings, buffets; beverage stations, etc. are set according to catering standards.
- Assist the Catering Manager with sign-in and employee management.
- Enforce rules and regulations set forth by management.
- Assure the client and their guests of a proper and flawless experience.
- Monitor and supervise employees during all stages of the functions, and communicate any issues directly to the Catering Manager.
- Fulfills the service per each Banquet Event Order (BEO), as well as Catering Department Service Standards.
- Demonstrate creative ability when setting buffets, food stations, floral decorations and other centerpieces.
- Assists in maintaining all catering equipment, keeping inventory, annual maintenance and routine cleaning of all equipment and storage areas.
- Work irregular hours as dictated by events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise staff for set-up, service, and cleanup of all events, with or without Catering Manager on-site.
- Distribute tasks and duties as needed to the catering staff.
- Monitor employees during pre-function, event, and post-function, and communicate any issues directly to the Catering Manager or their designated representative.
- Enforce rules and regulations as set forth by management.
- Assist and train the catering staff in their duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Legal age limit with respect to serving alcoholic beverages.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Extensive experience in staff supervision, preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years catering supervisor experience in a facility serving meals for large events, conference center banquet facility, arena, full service hotel, or restaurant operation preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Food handler certificate required from Health Department.
- Liquor License required through the Oklahoma ABLE Commission.
Skills and Abilities
- Understands catering service, preparation requirements, in addition to basic food and beverage etiquette.
- Knowledgeable about food safety and basic health code policies and procedures.
- A strong communicator in written and oral communication, comfortable speaking with management, staff, and clients in any environment.
- Fast paced and able to multi-task with a strong recall memory in order to achieve and maintain high levels of guest activity
- Able to work independently and make decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Positive and able to motivate all staff to offer hospitality service which exceeds guests expectations
- Able to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail and service oriented.
- Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed for events.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires stooping, lifting and substantial walking. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
This person is responsible for assisting all members of the food and beverage department as well as booking off premise catering.
Recruiter: Hope M. Miller
ASM Global Tulsa
200 S. Denver Ave
Tulsa OK 74103
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Administrative Assistant at (918) 894-4355.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.