This position is responsible for soliciting local Catering events, and servicing the Catering needs of any convention, trade or consumer show client.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Negotiate, influence and sell prospective clients on Food and Beverage Services.
- Develop and maintain a local customer base.
- Produce contracts and Banquet Event Orders for each event. Distribute BEOs to staff 10 days prior to event, finalize guarantee’s 3 days prior to event and redistribute to staff. Finalize all Banquet Event Orders and accurate back up to Event Coordinator and Senior Catering Sales Manager within two (2) days following event.
- Conduct tastings as needed for decision making purposes; arrange all details with Event Services and showcase linens and floral with Catering Manager.
- Develop event related checklists to streamline catering processes.
- Create requests for cash concessions outlets when needed in BEO format.
- Create deposit schedule and follow up with clients on payments due.
- Develop proposals for potential clients and follow through on pending bookings.
- Point person for Food and Beverage with clients for events assigned to Catering Sales Manager.
- Entertain prospective clients of the Cox Business Center and BOK Center.
- Report on a daily basis to the Senior Catering Manager information on potential sales leads and existing client relations.
- Work in tandem with Sales Department on client tours and sales efforts in soliciting local bookings; large social events, local Food & Beverage events.
- Maintains an active role in local hospitality community and professional associations.
- Attend in-house event-related meetings and relays immediate changes with other departments.
- Develop menus, packages and other projects.
- Practice continuous efforts toward menu upgrades and increased services.
- Work frequently with Event Services Department staff to discuss client set up, issues and event schedule.
- Ensure a successful client event by routine and thorough checking of food standards, room set up and on-time service with the result of client satisfaction. Resolving any client concerns.
- Oversee assigned Catering Banquets while continuously interacting with clients through duration of dessert.
- Provide detailed event analysis to support, maintain and/or improve company goals and guest satisfaction.
- Complete monthly reconciliation of BEO’s for both properties.
- Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College in Hospitality, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- At least two years’ experience in Catering Sales, Event Manager or Convention Services Manager.
- At least two years of practical sales experience in hotel, convention center or arena.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Skills and Abilities:
- A strong communicator: be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format to management and staff as well as to all types of clients.
- Organized, able to prioritize, and have strong time management skills
- Fast paced and able to multi-task with a strong recall memory in order to achieve and maintain high levels of guest activity
- Positive and able to motivate all staff to offer hospitality service which exceeds guests expectations
- Experience in menu planning, event planning or conference planning
- Able to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of sales and marketing principles necessary to promote the both buildings
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Required to speak and understand basic English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors, and employees.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment.
- Must have strong computer skills, Excel and Word.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed for events.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires minimal stooping and lifting, but substantial walking. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.