The AV Technician will accomplish various tasks involving event audio, video, lighting, and general stagehand labor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Install, operate, maintain, and strike all equipment necessary for event production
- Assist with general stagehand work depending on event needs
- Serve as venue liaison to external production vendors and clients as needed, monitoring for safety and controlling house assets
- Operate house scissor lifts and manlifts safely for in-house and client event needs
- Provide the highest customer service excellence
- Maintain a professional work ethic
- Maintain effective crew/client relationships
- Maintain a cooperative, team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees (including other departments)
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED certificate
- Experience in live event production preferred
Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations
- Audio, lighting, video, or rigging certifications preferred but not required
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot basic software/hardware problems
- Ability to learn and follow safety protocols and procedures for various equipment used for event production and maintenance
- Ability to maintain courteous and professional working relationships with all clients, guests, and employees
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written forms
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing event circumstances
- Ability to multi-task between job functions and work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results
- Ability to operate audio, video, and lighting consoles preferred
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, and CAD drawings preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed for events.
- The employee will be working at extreme heights, sometimes with the use of ladders and various other pieces of machinery to reach extreme heights.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires stooping, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, and substantial walking. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global Tulsa
200 S. Denver Ave
Tulsa OK 74103
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Administrative Assistant at (918) 894-4225.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.