BrickUniverse LEGO Fan Convention will take place at Cox Business Center for two days: September 9-10, 2017. The event is building on LEGO’s amazing popularity and ingenuity with awesome attractions all centered around everybody’s favorite plastic building blocks. At past events, the team at BrickUniverse has witnessed thousands of LEGO fans show up to enjoy live LEGO builds, the Building Zone with thousands of LEGO bricks for attendees to build with, and select galleries of amazing and life-sized LEGO models.
Professional LEGO artist Jonathan Lopes will be coming from San Diego, California to showcase over 30 of his select LEGO displays including an 8-foot high LEGO Model of New York City’s Woolworth Building. He will be in attendance all weekend and will be able to talk to attendees on his life as a professional LEGO artist and how they, too, can be LEGO master builders. Additionally, Chicago-based LEGO artist Rocco Buttliere will be bringing over 50 massive LEGO models of famous landmarks from around the world. See the largest skyscraper in the world, Burj Khalifa, the full Westminster Palace in London, and more famous landmarks all built from LEGO bricks! Both artists have had exhibitions all around the world.
The Fan Zone at BrickUniverse features fan-built LEGO creations built by some of the world’s best LEGO Fan builders, including some locally from Tulsa. These fan models include massive and detailed LEGO cities, towns, trains, castles, and more. Other attractions include:
- LEGO Friends Building Area: tons of LEGO Friends bricks to build with
- Massive Historical LEGO Displays: 27′ long LEGO model of the USS Missouri, 6-foot LEGO model of Brandenburg Gate, and more
- Big Brick Building: younger visitors can explore imagination through building with larger LEGO Duplo bricks
- LEGO Retail: purchase LEGO merchandise and goodies
- Star Wars Zone: build spaceships and more with thousands of LEGO STAR WARS themed bricks
- The Challenge Zone: compete with other attendees head-to-head in brick building challenges
- The Building Zone: thousands of bricks laid out for attendees to build with
Tickets are available for either Saturday, September 9 or Sunday, September 10. This event is expected to sell out, so early booking is advised. Tickets can be purchased at: www.brickuniverse.com/tulsa.